We all know driving can be dangerous and that automobile accidents will happen.
But, what should you do if you are injured in a car accident? Here, at Moore Law Group, we understand the physical and emotional damage you go through following a car crash. We have represented adults and children who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents either as the driver, passenger, pedestrian, or while riding a bicycle. The attorneys will work directly with you to make sure the stress of this experience is eased.
We will work to get you paid immediately for your lost wages, medical expenses, and property damage.
As car accident lawyers, let us deal with the insurance company so you can concentrate on getting better. We will strive to obtain the compensation you deserve for your injury. At the same time, we will assist you in resolving your property damage claim, making sure the insurance company provides a rental car, and helping you with what to do if you miss work. You will not owe us any fee unless we obtain a recovery for you.
What to do if you are in a car accident:
- Call 911 immediately if you are in a car wreck.
- Do not move your vehicle until the police arrive.
- If you are injured, remain in your vehicle (if it is still safe) until medical assistance arrives.
- If able, obtain the name, address, and phone number of the person who hit you and the name, address, and phone number of the insurance company for the at-fault driver.
- If able, photograph the accident scene prior to the vehicles being moved and photograph the damage to your vehicle.
- Ask for the name of the responding police officer.
- Obtain the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses.
- Seek medical attention if you are injured.
- Within a week following the collision, obtain a copy of the police report from the police department who responded to the scene.
- Notify your own insurance company regardless of whether you were at fault.
- Do not sign any insurance papers without seeking the assistance of an attorney.